Military Malpractice & Medical Negligence Verdicts and Settlements

Military and civilian medical professionals and health care organizations are held to the same standards of quality care. When the retired military personnel, and the spouses and children of active-duty military personnel are injured due to the negligence of doctors and nurses at military and veterans’ hospitals and clinics, claims must be brought in Federal Court, under the Federal Tort Claims Act, or FTCA. At Spohrer & Dodd, we have over three decades of experience prosecuting those responsible for injuring those who have served our country and their families. Our commitment of resources and dedicated efforts in this unique area of practice has resulted in excellent results for our clients around the world. Some of the verdicts and settlements* of malpractice and military medical negligence are listed below:

  • $9,480,000.00 – Federal Tort Claims Act involving air traffic control negligence
  • $6,145,036.99 – Obstetrical malpractice – birth injury
  • $4,500,000.00  Federal Tort Claims Act involving mid-air crash
  • $4,100,000.00 – Federal Tort Claims Act involving air traffic control negligence
  • $2,250,000.00 – Intersection collision involving U.S. Army recruiter
  • $1,350,000.00 – Auto accident involving U.S. Postal Service truck
  • $500,000.00 – Rear-end collision involving Secret Service agent – non-surgical back injury

*The malpractice and negligence cases recorded above are unique to each specific case and not indicative of the results of any other case.

The Federal Tort Claims Act limits the time within which such claims can be brought and specifies that the government must be put on notice of a potential claim before it can be filed. If you have been injured, or a loved one has died, following medical care at a military or veterans’ hospital or clinic, it is important that you contact an attorney so that your claim can be investigated as soon as possible, to be sure that all applicable deadlines are met. Call our office today or use our website’s “Do I Have a Case?” contact form for a prompt response.